In an overview of recent policy developments both domestic and international, Dr. Freedman will consider the impact of GATS on the freedom of the press. Dr. Des Freedman teaches Media studies at Goldsmith College and is author of “TV Policies of the Labour Party” and editor of “War and the Media,” published by Sage.
- The terrorist money trail
- Haiti: First independent Black Republic
- Who profits from famine?
- Where is liberalisation taking the British Media?
- Contemporary forms of slavery: A political economy
- How UK Foreign investment creates refugees and Asylum Seekers
- The Tobin tax revitalised
- How enlargement will transform the European Union
- Oil in the Caucasus: Sowing the seeds of conflict
- Playing by the rules? Guantanamo, Iraq and the future of International Law
- One State Palestine: Who’s afraid of Democracy?
- Sale of the Century
- Rosia Montana: Mining for gold in the 21st Century
- Ecological debt: What future for our children?
- The personal and political imagination
- Can the UN survive the 21st Century