Dr. Napoleoni traces the ‘economy of terror’ world-wide, and maps out a 1.5 trillion dollar economic system feeding illegal organisations from Al Quaeda to the Contras. This circuit comprises illegal businesses such as arms and narcotics, oil and diamond smuggling, and includes charitable donations in an intricate system of finance, revealing the inter-dependency between economics run by armed groups and western economies. Dr. Napoleoni is the first author to tackle the issues raised by September 11th from a specifically economic perspective. Shifting the focus away from religion and culture, Napoleoni assesses the role of the West in the development of armed organisations. She is an economist and an expert on terrorism. Her book “Modern Jihad, the New Economy of Terror” is published by Pluto Press.
- The terrorist money trail
- Haiti: First independent Black Republic
- Who profits from famine?
- Where is liberalisation taking the British Media?
- Contemporary forms of slavery: A political economy
- How UK Foreign investment creates refugees and Asylum Seekers
- The Tobin tax revitalised
- How enlargement will transform the European Union
- Oil in the Caucasus: Sowing the seeds of conflict
- Playing by the rules? Guantanamo, Iraq and the future of International Law
- One State Palestine: Who’s afraid of Democracy?
- Sale of the Century
- Rosia Montana: Mining for gold in the 21st Century
- Ecological debt: What future for our children?
- The personal and political imagination
- Can the UN survive the 21st Century