Recent events in Ukraine have given rise to international concern, and relations between Russia and the West have seriously deteriorated. Marko Bojcun,the Adjunct Professor of Politics at New York University in London, and author and political commentator Gabriel Levy, will discuss this complex situation and its implications with us. Marko Bojcun is a researcher on the contemporary politics, economics and international relations of Ukraine. His most recent publications are on the redevelopment of capitalism in Ukraine, the impact of the international financial crisis in Eastern Europe, and Ukraine’s relations with the European Union. Gabriel Levy is a writer and socialist activist based in London. He has been travelling to Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, and had involvement with the workers’ movement in those countries, for 25 years. He blogs at peoplenature.org.
- Israel and Palestine – the roots of the conflict and how to solve it
- The triumph of Hindu nationalism: a watershed for India and the subcontinent?
- Agricultural Colonialism – the new scramble for Africa
- Wanton Sacrifice – the shocking price of the Afghan war
- Crisis in Iraq
- Renewable energy under fire; is it reliable, affordable or sustainable and is it the future?
- Power and Conflict in Ukraine
- Rethinking Refugees: Finding Solutions to the Global Refugee Crisis
- Chelsea Manning – & Resistance to War from within the Military
- The Power of the Global Capitalist Class: is a transition possible from capitalist globalisation to alternative non-capitalist forms of globalisation?
- Nuclear Hazard
- Drone Technology – A Cause for Concern?
- Hopes for Peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo?