What are the implications of the incarceration of combatants by the Bush administration? Philippe Sands, a professor of laws at University College London discusses this and other challenges to human rights and internationally agreed legal principles. He is also a practising barrister and his book on the Bush presidency and international law entitled- “Playing by the Rules?” -. is to be published later this year.
- The terrorist money trail
- Haiti: First independent Black Republic
- Who profits from famine?
- Where is liberalisation taking the British Media?
- Contemporary forms of slavery: A political economy
- How UK Foreign investment creates refugees and Asylum Seekers
- The Tobin tax revitalised
- How enlargement will transform the European Union
- Oil in the Caucasus: Sowing the seeds of conflict
- Playing by the rules? Guantanamo, Iraq and the future of International Law
- One State Palestine: Who’s afraid of Democracy?
- Sale of the Century
- Rosia Montana: Mining for gold in the 21st Century
- Ecological debt: What future for our children?
- The personal and political imagination
- Can the UN survive the 21st Century