Recent disclosures of classified documents have illustrated the ever present danger of accidental nuclear missile detonation and Chernobyl and Fukushima have shown the risks of nuclear power generation. At the same time the US/UK Mutual Defence Agreement binds the UK to permanent involvement in nuclear armaments. Kate Hudson is a political activist and academic and has been General Secretary of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament since September 2010. She is a leading anti-nuclear and anti-war campaigner nationally and internationally and is author of several books including ‘CND Now More than Ever: The Story of a Peace Movement’. and ‘The New European Left: a socialism for the twenty-first century?’ She examines some of the moral, strategic and legal questions engendered by nuclear hazard
- Israel and Palestine – the roots of the conflict and how to solve it
- The triumph of Hindu nationalism: a watershed for India and the subcontinent?
- Agricultural Colonialism – the new scramble for Africa
- Wanton Sacrifice – the shocking price of the Afghan war
- Crisis in Iraq
- Renewable energy under fire; is it reliable, affordable or sustainable and is it the future?
- Power and Conflict in Ukraine
- Rethinking Refugees: Finding Solutions to the Global Refugee Crisis
- Chelsea Manning – & Resistance to War from within the Military
- The Power of the Global Capitalist Class: is a transition possible from capitalist globalisation to alternative non-capitalist forms of globalisation?
- Nuclear Hazard
- Drone Technology – A Cause for Concern?
- Hopes for Peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo?