Lebanon is caught between the desire to recover from the recent Hezbollah-Israeli war fought on its territory and the internal political crisis paralysing its development. Alex Klaushofer is a freelance journalist writing on social affairs and politics in Britain and the Middle East. She has previously worked as Middle East communications manager for Christian Aid, and has a particular interest in humanitarian issues. She is the author of ‘Paradise Divided’, her recent book on Lebanon, which highlights the internal and external pressures which are pushing Lebanon into civil conflict.
- Urbanisation: Global process or planetary squalor?
- The new civilising mission: Myanmar (Burma) at the hands of latter-day Orientalists
- Understanding Islam
- Conversation with Craig Murray
- Remotely controlled: The impact of electronic media on children
- Extraordinary rendition: Is the British Government turning a blind eye to torture?
- Corruption in high places: BAE Systems and the UK Government
- Lebanon at the Crossroads
- Cuba policy after Bush: Sucession or transition?
- Deforestation and climate change: the need for urgent action
- Ahmadinejad: The secret history of Iran’s radical leader