Dr Zhand Shakibi, Fellow in Comparative Politics at the London School of Economics will discuss the foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran and its place in the geo-politics and security of the Middle East. Dr Shakibi has studied in Tehran, St Petersburg and Europe and his areas of expertise include Iran, Russia, Central Asia, politics of identity, and the political concept of Empire.
- London inside-out: Politics in a World City
- Energy after the end of oil: Nuclear or renewable?
- European property markets: A threat to urban society?
- Iraq & the US occupation
- The myth of Al Zarqawi & the New Jihadist generation
- Can we trust a secret State?
- Managed democracy, Russian style
- Immigration, racism & human rights
- Inside North Korea
- China and its business and industry sectors
- Breakthrough or bust: What future for the NPT?
- Politics and ethics in Uzbekistan
- No rules for the rich: How tax avoidance is wrecking the global economy
- Iran: The geo-politics of the Islamic Republic
- Tetra phone masts: Profiteering from public health risk
- British ‘No’ and French ‘Non’: Europe’s greatest threat?