As the crisis in Greece develops, living standards are on a downward spiral, welfare and health services have virtually collapsed, and the European bail out demands greater austerity which will make the situation even more desperate. Is there a way out of this dark crisis? Dr. Stathis Kouvelakis researches and teaches on political theory at Kings College, London and is an informed commentator on the political and social meltdown that has taken place in Greece. See link to a recent interview. He will talk about the nature and causes of the current crisis there and will look at the prospects for the future of Greece either in or outside Europe.
- What is going on in Mali and the Western Sahel?
- What drives America’s Global Strategy?
- Offshore Tax Havens: how the wealthy loot the world
- How Western Hubris Lost Afghanistan
- The European Far Right: How great a threat are they?
- Greece: At what price membership of Europe?
- Iran – Why is the West preparing its public for a new War in the Middle East?
- Does the Chinese miracle herald the collapse of capitalism?
- The Global Tyranny of International Debt
- Syria: The most costly revolution of the Arab Spring?
- Whose fault is famine? Starvation in the face of plenty
- The energy challenge for UK and Europe
- The Face of Putin’s Russia
- Exploitation, Debt & Aid in Egypt and Tunisia: What Direction for the Revolutions?