As Britain’s outspoken Ambassador to the Central Asian Republic of Uzbekistan, Craig Murray helped expose vicious human rights abuses by the formerly US-funded regime of Islam Karimov. He is now a prominent critic of Western policy in the region. Now a writer and broadcaster, Craig’s best selling hardback edition of his book ‘Murder in Samarkand’ is being launched in paperback at Bookmarks, 1 Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3QE on Wednesday 7th March, 6.30pm. In this candid and at times shocking memoir, he lays bare the dark and dirty underside of the War on Terror. Harold Pinter comments: ‘A fearless book by a fearless man. Craig Murray tells the truth whether the “authorities” like it or not. I salute a man of integrity.
- Urbanisation: Global process or planetary squalor?
- The new civilising mission: Myanmar (Burma) at the hands of latter-day Orientalists
- Understanding Islam
- Conversation with Craig Murray
- Remotely controlled: The impact of electronic media on children
- Extraordinary rendition: Is the British Government turning a blind eye to torture?
- Corruption in high places: BAE Systems and the UK Government
- Lebanon at the Crossroads
- Cuba policy after Bush: Sucession or transition?
- Deforestation and climate change: the need for urgent action
- Ahmadinejad: The secret history of Iran’s radical leader