Resistance to war from within the military has a long history that predates well known instances during the Vietnam War. Ben Griffin, Iraq War resister and now coordinator of Veterans For Peace UK, will talk about lesser known acts of resistance to war from within the military in post 9/11 conflicts. He will also focus on the actions and plight of US Army Soldier and convicted Wikileaks whistle-blower Chelsea Manning. See this video of his address to the Oxford Union.
- Israel and Palestine – the roots of the conflict and how to solve it
- The triumph of Hindu nationalism: a watershed for India and the subcontinent?
- Agricultural Colonialism – the new scramble for Africa
- Wanton Sacrifice – the shocking price of the Afghan war
- Crisis in Iraq
- Renewable energy under fire; is it reliable, affordable or sustainable and is it the future?
- Power and Conflict in Ukraine
- Rethinking Refugees: Finding Solutions to the Global Refugee Crisis
- Chelsea Manning – & Resistance to War from within the Military
- The Power of the Global Capitalist Class: is a transition possible from capitalist globalisation to alternative non-capitalist forms of globalisation?
- Nuclear Hazard
- Drone Technology – A Cause for Concern?
- Hopes for Peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo?