Anne Le Tellac, an assistant of the Paris based human rights organisation, offers an in-depth analysis of Chechnya and how it has been affected by the West’s “War on Terror”. She will argue that the conflict in Chechnya has been through a three stage period, which has dramatically worsened after September 11th. Anne has visited the country several times and has recently published a report outlining the deteriorating situation. The report will be available at the café.
- The terrorist money trail
- Haiti: First independent Black Republic
- Who profits from famine?
- Where is liberalisation taking the British Media?
- Contemporary forms of slavery: A political economy
- How UK Foreign investment creates refugees and Asylum Seekers
- The Tobin tax revitalised
- How enlargement will transform the European Union
- Oil in the Caucasus: Sowing the seeds of conflict
- Playing by the rules? Guantanamo, Iraq and the future of International Law
- One State Palestine: Who’s afraid of Democracy?
- Sale of the Century
- Rosia Montana: Mining for gold in the 21st Century
- Ecological debt: What future for our children?
- The personal and political imagination
- Can the UN survive the 21st Century